Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tough choice?

We are getting ready to go and visit Bob in Detroit, and as always right before a trip it seems like there is just a lot to do, laundry, cleaning, errands, and so on. The to do list is a mile long and whenever I cross off one item, I find myself adding just one more... Well, today I was resolved I would make a dent on that list, but then the weather got really nice, the sky was so blue, the breeze so gentle and 'would it not be fun to show our new friends the beach?' suggestions sprinkled through the conversation. So on the one hand was to dos and on the other was beach time with friends...... it did not take long for that decision to be made and no sooner was it made and the boys were packed and in the car.
Jumping in the waves

The water is still cold....

Digging, what else to do on the beach?

The hole is really this deep
My to do list? Well it is still here, but I got to cross off a few things: have fun, being outdoors enjoying the weather - how I wish these were the items on my list. While watching the boys having fun, I was able to get through some of the back to school reading that has been put on the back burner, so it really was a win -win; although now cleaning the car is back on the list :-)

No comments: