Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Where was the camera????

I am usually really good about remembering to capture our daily life on film, eehm I mean digitally. The camera sits by the door on a shelf, ready to spring into action at a moment's notice. I take photos of every day normal activities, special things we do and just for fun photos, simply journaling our daily life in photos, rarely news worthy, just every day stuff. Well, on Sunday the camera remained on its shelf, and it was not just an ordinary Sunday, it was a true camera moment Sunday. What was a I thinking?? No telling, but unfortunately this special extra ordinary Sunday moment was not captured.
On Sunday we met some of our distant relatives, cousins as we were called by this dear couple, Richard and Diane Severinghaus. It turns out that there are some Severinghaus' not far from here, and on Sunday they graciously offered to drive down so we could meet. They came armed with a binder full of genealogy information, photos and old records and we spent a few hours visiting, eating, and talking. Lukas and Noah's great-great-great-grandfather Johann Frederick was the brother of Johann Deitrich ancestor of Richard Severinghaus. We hope to go and visit in their home town in the near future and I know I will take my camera with me this time!

No comments: