Monday, June 25, 2012

Lucky 13

On June 5th, we celebrated 13 years of marriage. We had a wonderful celebration at home with our two boys; a special meal and then sipping champagne and eating ice cream while watching the video of the wedding ceremony. I am still amazed by the support we had from friends and family who willingly gave up an entire pretty summer Saturday to see us promise 'to love until death do us part.'
Little could we have imagined where we would be 13 years later, but I would not trade a minute of these past 13 and look forward to many more champagne toasts in early June. As I reflect on marriage, I would be remiss if I did not mention the role models that both Bob and I have in our parents' marriages, both couples have celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary, thank you for modeling for us what it looks like.

No comments: