Sunday, July 1, 2012

One way to do it...

Our next door neighbor has a beautiful magnolia tree in his front yard. The only trouble is the leaves drop all year around and most of them blow into our yard.. It does not take long for us to have a large pile of brown dead leaves by the front door and along the garage.
Today, I asked the boys to help me sweep. I pulled out the broom, the dust pan to gather the leave in and handed over the 'baton' of making it happen to these two capable young men. Little did I realize the challenge I gave them - they did not see a simple sweep and gather job, they saw an opportunity for invention.
A few minutes later this contraption headed down the drive way. Effectiveness?  Well, at the moment the yard is leaf free.. but the wind is kicking up so maybe the invention must come out again tomorrow...




No comments: