Sunday, September 9, 2012

A useful skill?

I do not iron as many things as I used to, nor do I iron as much as my sister and Mom, however I still do iron pants and shirts as well as table clothes. Even the so called 'no wrinkle' shirts look better after an encounter with a hot iron.
The boys are very helpful in doing laundry but so far they have not shared the ironing. Noah watched me for a bit as I was ironing the table cloth, and then offered to help. He was convinced it was an easy, quick task but was willing to listen to coaching and instruction - only to realize that it takes time to iron. He humble acknowledge the work involved each time there is a spill on the table clothe and gave me a quick hug before he bailed on the ironing task in search for more gratifying and interesting tasks such as Lego construction.
He may grow up with little need for ironing, but whenever the need arise he will be equipped even if it is for something as trivial as a table cloth.

No comments: