Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Down the river

Every October, I am grateful for the discovery of America by Columbus, because it offers me another long weekend. The first time I realized there was an October holiday, was when Bob asked me to marry him and we spent a long weekend in the Blue Ridge Mountains. At times, this celebration coincides with Lukas' birthday. I am making no statement about the purpose for the holiday, I am simply grateful for a day off, and a day off with pay!

We took advantage of the gorgeous fall weather and headed to the local Y to rent a couple of canoes. Since it has been a long time since we canoed, we were not too sure of our stability and left any fancy electronics at home, apart from Bob's phone that fit nicely in an otter case. Bob captured our ride down and up the Clinton River perfectly. I am sure, I would have completely forgotten to paddle had I had my camera in hand....

The boys had fun meeting up for a bit of resupply of candy, and even made a bi-canoe by connecting the two canoes at the front.

The weather was amazing, sunny and cool; the leaves ablaze in shades of red and the river was slow - just about perfect weather for some fun aerobic exercise and exploration in our new home town. Mount Clemens shows its best side from the river.



No comments: